Thursday, October 8, 2009

You can hear it with your eyes too

A couple of weeks ago, during Dr Gilbertson's lecture in the Arts In Health module, we were shown a section of a film/animation by Paul Simpson called Advanced Beauty.

Advanced Beauty. Film 12 of 18. Paul Simpson (UK)


Here the relationship between the auditory and the visual was explored. Later, when I watched the film again, I was reminded of the music video for 'Star Guitar' by The Chemical Brothers, directed by Michel Gondry.



I think it's a really amazing video, and links in pretty well with the topics that came up in class, so I thought I'd throw it up on the blog. If you'd not seen it before, how long did it take you to realize that the music and the passing landscape are linked?

For anyone who's interested in film, Michel Gondry is a guy well worth looking up. He's done some amazing music video's and animations, in a very unique and quirky way.


Here's a clip from a documentary about him where he develops a 'piant piano' and get's Bjork to test it - he has done many of Bjork's music video's. I think this links in a little with what we were talking about too.




P.S. blogger.com is linked to google and gmail, so anyone with a gmail account can activate a blogger account by signing in on blogger with your gmail details. It'd just mean that if you post or leave a comment that we'll know who was talking, rather than everyone being 'Music Therapy Blog'.

Edit: I've sent blogger invites to first years with gmail accounts. Anyone and everyone else can add themselves by signing in as Music Therapy Blog (details in Lucia's e-mail), clicking on settings, the permissions, then add authors by putting in your e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment